...can'tstandmenow...

Bugger it! Shameless Anglophilia from one of the colonies.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

well i'm drunk today and i am rarely sober. a handsome rover from town to town...

























I saw the Departed last night. Lots of violence but still really good. There is a nice underlying theme about the hyper masculinity of these characters and what that is a front for. I think Scorsese deals with this frequently. Mean Streets his first film is basically a film noir with Robert DeNiro as the femme fatale. The casting was really great. Not just in the big names. I've heard a lot of criticisms about the nastiness of Jack Nicholson's character but I didn't find it over the top. He was very good. And I was especially happy to see David O'Hara show up in it. Very very happy about that.

The Healing Power are playing tonight at reflections, I think. I saw a poster that told me so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home