...can'tstandmenow...

Bugger it! Shameless Anglophilia from one of the colonies.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

you'll be right here in my arms (MY EPIC DREAM)


So I slept for close to 12 hours last night and my dream got to a point where it was oddly coherent yet still fantastically weird.

I dreamed one of my teachers took our class out into this field. Probably the on Purcell's Cove rd. or something. Across from the field there was this bar that seemed very appropriate for it's location. It was sort of wood cabin esque. It looked a lot like a biker bar from the movies. But in the bar the band HIM was playing. And I was like that is kind of cool. But we had these exercises our teacher was making us do. Maybe it was team bonding or ice breakers or maybe it was some sort of hippy dippy shit. And being the team player that I am I decided to stick around. However, I said, "If they start playing wicked games, I have to go check them out."

Sure enough Wicked Games comes on. And it is very distinctly playing. So i cross the road and enter. Some friends of mine are there but mostly people seem disinterested in the band and they mill about. I stand in the front. The song ends the band says good night and I realize my friend Adam is not there. And he really likes HIM. So I go searching for a pen and paper to get an autograph. I am sort of hesitant to get an autograph cos it seems like sort of a weird conversation to have with some one. I finally get it together and some one points me in the direction of their car. Which is this old boxy station wagon. VW sort of, maybe a Vista Cruza. Just a really large station wagon. I am coming close to the car when the lead singer gets in and they drive off down the highway I try to catch them but they are gone and i end up just yelling "Finland!" Into the night. Suddenly the car is coming back quickly down the highway and as they pass I yell "Tsunami," and realize that is wrong so I yell, "Sumi." Or whatever is printed on the Finland hockey jerseys. They keep going. Not swayed by my little amount of Finish.

I went back in the bar defeated. I had missed my chance and all because of my pride but than some one told me they had come back. Well I had learned my lesson. So I went out to the car. The lead singer was gone but a few members were there and asked them for an autograph for my friends Adam.

Than some how I was in their car. And they were driving me somewhere. I was trying to convince the guy I was sitting by of my finish heritage. And so I took my pen and tried to write Kuusisto on his arm. I got the KUU written but than he wrenched it away from me. And said, "I don't care." Not necessarily nastily but not pleasantly either.

We were driving along and I looked out the window and it was somewhat snowy and there were people ice skating on a lake. "That is not safe," I say. And soon there after i see some fall into a slushy bit. We stop by the side of the road and start heading down this path. I see camping gear splayed out everywhere. I am told "Those are the brother's things." I asked if we are going to see the Dudeson's but I get no clear response. We end up climbing up trees and walking across bars really high up. It's like a forest jungle gym.

This is where I woke up. There was a first half of my dream as well that involved my friend Christine getting a new apartment.
I dont know where this all came from. I was pretty hung over. God I hate being hung over. Yet I keeps ons drinkins.

So I am going to try and see Dan Aykroyd tomorrow at the Marquee. I imagine lots of people are going. Are they?

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Camel said...

I am going to buy some tequila that Akroyd sponsors at that fancy new liquor store in bayers lake and get my picture taken with him. by the way, your dream reminded me that the only word in the english lexicon with a finnish origin is 'sauna'. I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home