...can'tstandmenow...

Bugger it! Shameless Anglophilia from one of the colonies.

Friday, November 24, 2006

you were so cool you could have put out vietnam.

My tendency to hyper focus on the banal details of pop culture I realize basically puts me down to a lowly rank of fangirl. I don't have many dark secret obsessions because I have absolutely no control over wanting to tell everyone about the witty thing Noel Gallagher said on Russell Brand or the history of the Mr. Show. If you see me smiling on the street I am in full day dream mode and I will spend hours on end wasting the day away google imaging pictures of absolutely ludicrous people.

This obviously is not a surprise to anyone who knows me. I go into it like a routine to avoid any other conversations that might be deep or confrontational or unhappy or just silences. Don't call me on this I have no idea what I will resort to if that happens. Seriously. I may just start dancing like Conan O'brien or, god, quote the Simpson or something on a relatively provincial level for my talents to absorb asinine quotes.

Any way this is one of those facets of my hyper focusing.



If you think it is tiresome for you imagine what it must be like for me. Actually I quite like the distraction, I just hate the awareness of it.

This is a still from the film The Mother. Which is this oddly compelling and yet horrifying film. It's one of those films in the end where you ask yourself, "so which character did I really like or which character was the bad guy and who is the victim or why did all these things happen and you just can't figure it out?" Because they are all horrible and they are all pathetic and they all make you uncomfortable about living. Well, make me uncomfortable because I hate confronting ideas of the fallacy and the impermanence of life. Why can't things just be flashy and distracting?

Also Daniel Craig is much more attractive as a blond than a brunette. God, why do I do that?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home