...can'tstandmenow...

Bugger it! Shameless Anglophilia from one of the colonies.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

am i still ill?

Last night I was walking to the NSLC Ceilidh and realized my ticket no longer in my pocket. I had spaced out and lost it somewhere between my house and the commons. It cost 45 bucks so I was like "Nooooooo!"

It was heartbreaking. I searched up and down the street. I went down Robie and it was so windy and damp. Though it is fantastically warm out. So I searched up one side the street and than on just a hope the other. I saw a piece of paper on the side walk. The ticket is quite large. And My heart raced. It was not it. Of course it wasn't. It was hopeless.

I took a few steps down the street and looked and saw a piece of paper in the gutter by the median. I had to check it out. I watched it as all these cars barrelled passed thinking there no way this is it. I crossed slowly and the NSLC logo came into focus. I felt like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, only it was Maggie and the Boozery. I clutched it all the way to the World Trade and Convention Center and finally thought maybe there is a god. Does that qualify as a miracle. I have to take this as a sign and start being nicer to strangers and so on. I've turned over a new leaf. I also was sort of hesitant to go and than when I lost the ticket I realized how much I wanted to go. It's close to a parable. It could be in the bible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home