...can'tstandmenow...

Bugger it! Shameless Anglophilia from one of the colonies.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

this is a seaside town that they forgot to burn down


THREE POOLS
People insist frequently that Three Pools in the Valley is a wicked place. But I have yet to be really taken with it.


(taken in 2005)



I have been there twice and both times I am just totally unimpressed. It's a nice spot, but not somewhere I'd want to swim at. The water if full of eels and bugs and it looks very murky. Sure there are places to jump off but no real decent swim.



Dudes seem to really enjoy this place like they have never been in the woods before. It involves a bit of a walk which becomes a bit of a hike and than you end up scaling some rocks, which will probably scare the hell out of you and reasonably so. If you are going you need some good footwear, not flip flops.



And I don't mind the hike, though the bugs suck, it's just I'd like a nicer reward at the end of the hike.



Both times I have gone it has involved getting lost on the drive out there. Now I could find it no problem but I don't really ever want to go back. But I probably will again someday.

I guess drinking until 5 in the morning the night before didn't help. Though it did make me less anxious about scaling cliffs because I was so hung over and tired that I didn't really care if I fell.
Paraphrasing:
Me:"Liam, you know I know I should be scared but I just don't care."
Liam:"I could fall off the cliff come out of the water with all my skin hanging off and just keep going, 'like lets get out of here', that's how shitty I feel already."

The day ended nicely with BBQ and three hours of America's Funniest Videos.
Alexis: "They should call this show "Look how irresponsible we are in taking care of our children and elderly."
Scott: "You know when a dad is video taping because after his kid gets hurt he still taping. The mother's immediate shut off the camera."

THE NIGHT BEFORE
(2006 - 3am)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home