...can'tstandmenow...

Bugger it! Shameless Anglophilia from one of the colonies.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

2008... delayed.


So if you watch the Etalk Lilly Allen special on today you will totally see moi behind her with my friend Annie. This is what you do when you have nothing to do. I like her new album it is poppy and fun. Not amazing, but still fun.

Bands I saw in 2008

Kate Nash x 2 - and at the phoenix i met her beau Ryan Jarman which was amazing. The Cribs are fantastic I wish they hadn't pulled out of V fest on the Island.

The Kills x 2 - I got to meet them briefly at an autograph signing session at Osheaga in Montreal. They are so lovely.

Oasis - Noel got pushed
Stereophonics and Paul Weller were also on the bill.

Laura Marling with Mumford and Sons and Johnny Flynn X 2 - once in a small club in Toronto. Once is a slightly bigger club in London, England. With Jay Jay Pistole - who was very good. Got to drink with them in Toronto. Got hammered.

Noah and the Whale - free show at the horseshoe. They are coming back playing the mod club should be quite good.

Glasvegas as the ultimate end to 2008. I saw them at hogmonay in Edinburgh. And it was fantastic. I am pretty obsessed with them currently and I am desperate to get tickets to see them in TO at the Mod club though it sold out quite quickly... too quickly.


Also when in the UK saw The Mighty Boosh Live and Steve Coogan. So great. Best trip ever and the extremely cold reality of Toronto was a harsh one to come back to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home